Senior Site Reliability Engineer | Marketing Platform | London
I am currently looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join my Multi-award-winning client’s engineering team to focus on their security, reliability and performance, and improve how they deliver their products globally, 24 / 7 / 365.
The four key areas you’ll be focused on are:
- Improving how they deliver software to production as a team, e.g. innovating on release tools or how we manage our infrastructure
- Identifying opportunities for improvements throughout their public-facing product, e.g. finding improvements in MySQL queries, helping ensure a new feature is ready to scale or reducing our infrastructure costs
- Proactively identify and address risks and opportunities, e.g. security concerns, within their platform
- Engaging in troubleshooting and support when issues arise
They deploy multiple times per week and desire to increase that frequency and as the team grows. Automation is key to their success and reliability so far, and they will expect you to build on and improve this.
- AWS (including EC2, SQS, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, IAM, S3)
- ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Kubernetes, Docker
- MySQL, Percona Toolkit
- Linux, Bash, Git
- Prometheus, Telegraf, Grafana
As Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a new discipline for them you’ll work closely with the Head of Engineering to take on responsibility for the core platform. You’ll also work closely with their CTO to ensure the security and reliability of their platform, including maintaining ISO27001 accreditation and GDPR compliance.
In the future, as they grow, there will be an opportunity to shape the SRE team – you’ll be the first, so there are opportunities for technical & managerial leadership.
If you feel you have the required experience, knowledge & tech stack then please apply directly.
Check out our other Site Reliability Engineer jobs here.
Or get in contact with Jack if you can’t find exactly what you are looking for.